Fireplace Installation & Maintenance in Salem
Let Us Ensure Your Exact Needs are Met!
There is nothing like the crackling comfort of a fire in the fireplace on a cold day. Whether you own an electric, wood or natural gas burning fireplace or wish to have one installed, we are the Salem heating experts you can turn to. We sell, service and install a wide range of products to ensure your exact needs are met. No matter what the size of your home or the constraints of your budget, we can help you obtain the right fireplace equipment.
For more information about our fireplace products and services, don’t hesitate to call our Salem office now at (503) 749-7760 or use our online form.
Does My Fireplace Need to be Repaired?
Your fireplace may need some maintenance or repairs if you have noticed the following:
- Excessive Smoke – If you notice large amounts of smoke whenever you use your fireplace, it may be due to the liner being in need of repair or replacement. Double-check to make sure your chimney vent is open if you still experience a lot of smoke, give our expert Salem fireplace repair team a call for professional help.
- Flaking Chimney Liner – A common problem with chimney’s is that you’ll notice shards or flakes of your fireplace liner falling into your fireplace. This is also called, “shaling” and will often occur when the liner of your chimney deteriorates. Contact our professional Salem fireplace repair services for the help you need.
- Crumbling Bricks or Mortar Joints – Often times a fireplace will get cracks in the mortar or broken bricks, and these problem can go unnoticed. If you notice the mortar is breaking or the bricks are crumbling, you’ll want to contact our expert Salem fireplace repair team.
- Missing or Damaged Chimney Cap – Every chimney should have a metal or aluminum cover that is made to prevent rain, pests and even debris from entering your home. Over time these cover can become damaged and need replacing.
- Visible Settling of Chimney – From the outside of your home, does your chimney appear straight or sturdy? Often times the elements can cause cracking and crumbling of the chimney and compromise the structural integrity of the chimney itself. Give us a call today emergency services.
While it might be easy to blow off fireplace issues as “no big deal,” some issues, if not resolved, can lead to structural damage or even house fires. It is imperative that all fireplace issues be detected and repaired early before they worsen.
How Can I Extend the Life of My Fireplace?
Ways to extend the life of your fireplace include keeping all vents open during use, installing and maintaining a chimney cap, having your fireplace inspected and cleaned annually, cleaning the firebox once a week when you use it and keeping the area clean when the fireplace is not in use.