Fireplaces can last a lifetime under proper maintenance, but an occasional repair may be needed. Some signs that your fireplace is due for a repair are the presence of water in your fireplace, or smoke not properly filtering through the chimney. If this is the case in your home, discontinue use of your fireplace until it has been properly cared for by a professional.
Fireplace Maintenance Tips
To avoid frequent fireplace repairs, it is important to properly take care of your fireplace. Whether you own a wood-burning fireplace, an electric fireplace, or a natural gas fireplace, each needs proper maintenance to properly function. Here are a few tips to properly maintaining your fireplace and ensure years of comfort:
- Keep all vents open during use to allow air to be drawn up. This cools the chimney and keeps your home smoke free.
- Chimney caps prevent water damage and keep debris from blocking the chimney. This very important feature also prevents carbon monoxide from flowing into your home.
- Have a certified chimney sweep inspect and clean the chimney annually if used frequently.
- Clean the firebox at least once a week during the months you use it, or more frequently when ash builds up.
- Keep the area completely clean during the months when the fireplace is not in use.
Professional Fireplace Repair
When fireplace repairs are needed, the best thing to do is to call in the professionals. Our team of professional technicians provides fireplace repair services, including:
- Chimney sweeps
- Chimney cracks
- Water leaks
- Heat loss
- Chimney crown repairs
Woodward Heating’s goal is to make our customers in the Salem, McMinnville OR area comfortable for the long term by providing nothing less than the best in service, value and craftsmanship. That’s our mission and it’s been working for us – and our customers – since 1989.
Woodward Heating is the right place to contact for the fireplace repairs and maintenance you need before the cold weather approaches.
Contact Woodward Heating today to speak with a representative about fireplace repairs and maintenance!